Monday, March 16, 2009

CaasiForNia LoVeeeee.

I know ! I've been MIA with the posts!!!,,,but what a better way to start!!! Im in California & got hit with the LOVEbuggg!!!! Im staying in Carson, right outside of LA. I've been here since March 6th and my host Shannon has taken us everywhere! [Meaning me and my 3 friends] I'm having a blast! Im from Queens,NYC; so I'm use to SEEing tourist, not BEing one!!! The things I've seen since my childhood days on 90210 & Clueless just don't compare! Cali is great. I'll always be a New Yorker at heart, but Cali can DEF qualify as my 2nd home! The nightlife is LIVE. The first night we went to Club Element & ran into Shane Sparks hosting a performance for the Strikers ALL Stars! [ABDC] YO: Why is Shane like 5 foot 2??! ANYwho, I visited the classic places like the Walk of Fame, Sid Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre! & Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles [YUM!]. Even to the smallest places like Lucy's Mexican Drive Thru [remember from Baby Boy, when Taraji Henderson found the condoms in the backseat and screamed on Jodi, "GIMMIE MY SHAKE!!!", yea there.] & Crenshaw High School [Love & Basketball use to be my favorite movie! =). ] 



Saturday night was more chill. We went to the Comedy Union for Bill Bellamy's taping of the auditions to his show 'Who's Got Jokes!' Some ppl were funny, most were not. One guys main joke was "Don't you think it's wrong to drink Capri Suns as an adult?? It's just one gulp & it tastes sacred like UNICORN pee." [,,,,silence,,,crickets in the audience] & moving on! There was a noticeable change in the way ppl party! Its more about what car your driving TO the club & not what you have on or how you look IN the club. Strange! Sunday night we decided to hit a celebrity hot spot called MY HOUSE in Hollywood, which i find to be such a FAB name for a club, so I thought we were riding in style in my homegirls Fire Red CLK coupe,,but to my dismay there were chicks driving Bentley's, Rolls Royce's, Maserati's, Lambo's Aston Martin's, one Red Bugatti [oo la la]; Range Rover's seemed to be the most popular choice. Miles, the little brother from Moesha came thru in a Maybach. MAN!! Not one hood Dodge Charger in sight! lol. Almost every club has its own parking lot with $15-20 valet which i find so helpful.

Besides the nightlife, the shopping is AMAZING. We hit downtown LA which has all the things NYCs Canal Street has, except picture Mexican vendors instead of Asians! They even had a knockoff Forever 21, straight off the truck! I found the only thing to buy here are the $5 shades which were so dope. The real shopping was on Melrose tho! OMG i felt like i was gonna spend my life savings & almost did! Wasteland is a thrift store where you can find anything designer! The prices are far from cheap tho! Some other cool stores were Rojas & TeenageBillionaire. Just as we are leaving Melrose to head back to the truck, we bump into Jay Leno! So of course being the ham that i am, i had to get on the cameras someway somehow! He was looking for talent on the streets of Los Angeles and he found it! I made Shannon sing bcuz she does it well & I was her backup dancer, along with our other friend Shonda! We didnt do much in the background but we sure did fake it! Then Leno steps in on our moves all off beat! LOL It is suppose to air Wed March 18th so hopefully we will make the cut! There is so much I can say but I'll end with this::::California is quite the cool place. It's not as warm as I had hoped =( but i am still having a blast! I'd be such a "Spoiled Little LA Girl" [Kanye's voice] if i lived here! NEXT STOP! ViVa LaS VEGASSSSSS! *

3 comments:

Super Noodle Rach said...

looks like i need to hit up california lol!!! i av been ny twice already, and going formy 3rd trip in june so maybe next year cali will be the one! the shopping you speak of sounds insaneee and making me itch to shop...!!!

Caasi.Tha.Ca$hieST said...

yay! Thats wat my post was intended to do! Im telling you, it's a greattttt place! When you go, tell me all about it! =)

Missie Rich said...

I want to go too! WooHOoo!