Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rest In Peace Swag, Welcome back Cool, and Hello to Dragon!

I remember a time, when Swag meant actually meant something. Many years ago to describe a male counterpart that had it more than going on, all you simply had to say was he had a swag to him, that is why I like him, or think he is fly. Now-a-days, the word swag has been overused by so many fucking people, when I hear the word I want to karate chop those persons lips who utter the word. Like why does everyone have to say they have swag, in their facebook status, or on their myspace page, or fuck on twitter? Everyone does not have swag, you have to be elected a swag. But none the less the word is played out like jersey dresses. However if you're K. Hilson, keep using the word swag mama, and I will keep singing along with you.

I'd like to introduce you to a familiar word to replace swag, cool. Everything that is "swag" is cool, the word cool, in itself is cool. He's cool. She's cool. That's cool. Turn my cool up, turn your cool down...etc...Use it. I am too cool to blog :)...

Oh and here is a new word, I heard this weekend, Dragon. Of course the word exists, but not in such context as I will describe next. Dragon known to most as an animal, or beast. Well, that in a sense has to do with this context, Dragon can now be used to described a male counter part who is disrespectful, crude, rude, perv'd out, ugly...

Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I was just thinking about how the word "swag" is so overused. U ever realized how the ones who use it the most are lame-o's anyway?!

Brittany Ashley said...

I agree!!! Thank you for this post!!! Oh and to add to "cool", I usually just use "smooth, fly" or even "mad cool" (northern habit) thanks to souljah boy and many other WACK artists and people, in general..."swag" is dead and gone.

Simply_SB said...

Love your layout :)